ArTay 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th May 2018
Thursday 17th May
Perth Concert Hall, 10:00
Curated by Frames Gallery
10.00 - 19.30 Thursday 17th May
10.00 - 19.30 from Friday - Saturday 18th & 19th May
10.00 - 18.00 Sunday 20th May
Beside Perth Concert Hall
Perth Festival is delighted to announce the return of arTay. This large exhibition of Contemporary Scottish Art and Craft was a big success when it ran from 2000-2005 and it is with great anticipation that we have decided to bring it back.
See some of the 2018 paintings click ArTay
• It is called “arTay” and consists of a very large marquee erected outside of Perth Concert Hall and will hold an exhibition of Scottish Contemporary Art and Craft.
• It will feature the work of over 80 artists and makers drawn from all over Scotland and there will be around 300 works on show
• This is quite a unique event as it’s not an art fair and is much bigger than any normal commercial gallery could hold.
• It is on for four days and admission is free.
• Using the contacts that I have built up over the 30 odd years that I’ve been involved in Scottish Art, we will have an impressive range of work on show. From RSA members such as Gordon Mitchell, Doug Cocker and Reinhard Behrens, RSW members such as Sandy Murphy, Charlie MacQueen, Christine Woodside alongside lesser known but still excellent artists.
• The main aim of arTay is to make Contemporary Art as accessible as possible to as many people as possible and all the work will be for sale.
• Perth Festival first held this event in 2000 and ran it for five years and now in 2014 it has been re-instated. It was one of the Festivals most successful events with around 5,000 people visiting the tent over the four days.
• Perth Festival has been running for over 40 years and is one of the biggest festivals outside of Edinburgh but it has a reputation for being mostly performance based so this very costly investment in visual arts is a big commitment for them.
• Below is a list of the artists who have currently agreed to take part.
• Please contact me for more information and images if required: Hugh Goring: firstname.lastname@example.org 01738 631085
10am - 7.30pm